Harwood Union Middle/High School Mission Statement
Harwood Union Middle/High School will provide an educational and creative environment in which every person is valued as an individual, challenged as a learner, and inspired to contribute to a democratic society.
- To provide strong comprehensive programs which are based on rigorous learning standards.
- To provide opportunities for the development of critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- To encourage direct, positive involvement and cooperation among the community, the home and the school in the total educational process.
- To provide academic and co-curricular activities and experiences which are based on self-discipline, motivation and cooperation.
- To ensure that the school environment models and supports tolerance, civility and respect for others.
- To develop and maintain an ethical commitment to the academic process.
- To provide a safe, supportive, compassionate environment in which individuals can learn and reach personal success.