Health References & Resources
- Call 1-800-222-1222 for emergency poison information and help
- Northern New England Poison Center Website
- Kids Health, from the health experts of Nemours, Teen Health Education and Resources.
- Planned Parenthood of Northern New England. Sexual Health Education and Resources for teens and parents.
Dialing 2-1-1 is your first step toward solving everyday problems or when you are facing difficult times.
- 2-1-1 is not an emergency number like 9-1-1
- Vermont 2-1-1is the number to dial to find out about hundreds of important community resources, like emergency food and shelter, disability services, counseling, senior services, health care, child care, drug and alcohol programs, legal assistance, transportation agencies, educational and volunteer opportunities, and much more.
- It’s a free service. It’s confidential. It’s 24/7.
- Vermont 2-1-1 Website
- Kids Health, from the health experts of Nemours. Children’s health education and resources for parents.
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute: We Can! Ways to enhance children’s activity and nutrition
- Vermont Department of Health and Human Services. Resources for Parents. Full listing of resources in Vermont.
- Vermont Department of Education: Parental Rights in Special Education.
- Head Lice Information. Vermont Department of Health.
- Green Mountain Care Medicaid Information
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion: Healthy Youth!
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute: We Can! Ways to enhance children’s activity and nutrition.
- Vermont Education Health Initiative (VEHI )PATH Information/Login