HUUSD School Board May 9 Meeting Update
Dear members of our six town community,
At our last meeting on May 9, 2018, the Harwood Unified Union School District (HUUSD) Board toured Crossett Brook Middle School (CBMS) and Harwood Union Middle School (HUMS) before meeting in the Harwood Union High School Library, voting multiple times to recess and reconvene in the various locations. We also took action on the six (6) items below:
- We approved previous meeting minutes with edits
- We approved multiple board warrants
- We re-scheduled the May 16 5:30 pm executive session regarding superintendent evaluation to comprise of two executive sessions on May 16 from 9:00 pm to 9:30 pm to review feedback from the various stakeholders, and on May 23 from 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm to deliberate and develop next steps.
- We added two new board meeting dates to support the Moretown Administrator hiring committee process and timely board approval for committee recommendations. The dates are May 30 at 5:30 pm and June 6 at 5:30 pm, and may be cancelled if not needed.
- We voted to request legal advice from the district’s attorney on the board’s public comment policy and guidelines, including recent and future enforcement.
- We approved changes recommended by the central office with respect to health benefit administration for teachers and staff. Changes allow the district to offer prescription drug cards and pay for first dollar on prescription drugs until the deductible is met, and eliminate the policy of prorating said benefits for partial year employment.
At this meeting, the board entered into an executive session to deliberate on teacher/staff contract issues, after which we voted to approve #6 above.
It is our hope to send updates and previews of each HUUSD Board meeting in the future. Thank you for your continued support and engagement. Our next meeting is Wednesday, May 16 from 6 - 9:30 pm and will start with a tour of the Harwood Union High School. The remainder of the meeting will be held in the Harwood Union High School library.
The HUUSD Board
Christine Sullivan (Waitsfield) *Chair
Caitlin Hollister (Waterbury) *Vice Chair
Alycia Biondo (Warren)
Jill Ellis (Fayston)
Gabe Gilman (Moretown)
Peter Langella (Moretown)
Garett MacCurtain (Duxbury)
Maureen McCracken (Waterbury)
Theresa Membrino (Fayston)
Melissa Phillips (Waterbury)
Torrey Smith (Duxbury)
Alexandra Thomsen (Waterbury)
Rosemarie White (Warren)
Rob Williams (Waitsfield)